Sunday, March 18, 2012

Partial story

Yesterday was the Rock n Roll series marathon weekend in Washington, DC.  The race packet pickup was in the armory, same one the Beatles played in on first US appearance. 

Morning was crazy as always getting up, dressed with nerves setting in for the body.  Got to the start a little after 8am. I was in corral 17, and still had about 20 minutes before my group crossed the start line under a massive US flag. Awesome, amazing.

More to come later with regular computer/key board. Great start with 20,000+ friends running as well, hot day with temps in mid to high 70s and a lovely lobster burn. My calf isn't nearly as red as my arms and neck.  ...pooh, and that nice garter I have on in the starting picture...guess what it did for my tan line, Haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment