Monday, February 16, 2015

Olive bread --Feb 6

I was wanting something different for bread one evening, when I was making chicken breasts seasoned with thyme.  I decided to go for rosemary-thyme-olive chebe. 

These would be the first Chebe I'd make since we decided to cut back on a lot of our cheese intake. (gasp, gasp). I know, it's a shocker, especially for the dairy farmer's daughter!  
Next step: olives.  I had to choose between Kalamata olives and black and green.  I decided to go with the black and green, adding about 3/4 of a cup of mixed sliced olives. 
While I usually use the food processor to mix Chebe, I didn't want the olives to become diced or minced, and so used a fork in order to keep the olives in their shape.
After shaping, I baked on a parchment paper covered pizza stone. 350 20 minutes. 

Tongue in cheek funny platter----it has a stalk of golden ripe wheat on it.
Still a gorgeous sight to this Quirky farm raised gal.
Fresh out of the oven

Plated up for dinner 

I shared this with Chebe and they were so fabulous and kind in that they posted the recipe to the web page's recipe section!  

No comments:

Post a Comment