Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Shrimp pizza and a beautiful sunrise

Tuesday I had wanted to have shrimp for dinner and planned to use Ellie Krieger's  Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta dish.  We've made this recipe several times since I discovered it in a magazine a few years ago.

I did some grocery shopping and then came home and put my feet up. I didn't really want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Then inspiration hit, and I decided to make the recipe for a pizza. On one prior occasion we thought to make it a pizza, but it was too liquid-y.  I had the regular Chebe roll mix on hand and used that for the crust, rather than the pizza crust as I didn't want the pre-seasoned mix to not compliment the feta/dill seasonings.

I sauteed half a red onion and three good size portabello mushrooms (which have potassium as well as Vitamin D), added in the full garlic the recipe called for and then added just one can of diced tomatoes.  I added about two tablespoons of dried parsley and a tablespoon of dried Dill.  I brought that up to a boil so the liquid would reduce. Then I added in the medium size shrimp to cook up a bit.

While the onions and mushrooms were cooking down  I prepped the Chebe mix. Then, when the product was reducing down, I rolled out the dough on parchment paper to cook on my pizza stone.  I tried to get most of the tomato mixture on the crust and then place the shrimp on most of one half of the pizza (so the left overs wouldn't have shrimp on it).  Then I placed what feta cheese was left in my house on the top, along with torn pieces of provolone slices. 


Just out of the oven

Dinner is served

In order to make the dinner a little better for us, I sliced up a cucumber. We didn't plant any and our neighbor is getting sick of them, so we are getting some garden fresh cukes for free (yeah!)

Dinner ingredients: Tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions (antioxidants), shrimp, with feta and provolone cheeses, atop with a tapioca crust. Cucumbers.

 


My return from yoga Tuesday morning brought me the sunrise (off to the right of the photo) with large green katydid-like bug.  The back end is more pointy like a grasshopper.  I'm not sure what this bug is, but we had one on our screen door Monday and this one on the bridge on Tuesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment